Countdown to Havasupai 2012

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

How to Get There

Revised Route for 2012 (Mesa to Havasupai): Directions: Take the 101N to merge onto the I-17N. After about 47 miles, you will take exit 263 toward AZ69N/Cordes Lakes Road. Get off at Cordes Lakes Rd., take a right, and hang out at the McDonalds till we all meet up. Get food, go to the bathroom, etc. There is also a Subway I believe at the Chevron next door. Once we all meet up, we'll get back onto the 69N for about 20 miles. Turn right onto Fain rd for about 7 miles.Take a slight left onto 89A S for about 6 miles. Take exit 317 for 89 towards Prescott/Chino Valley. Keep right at the fork and continue on AZ89 N. After 43 miles, we should come to the turn off for the I-40 W. Take a left onto the I-40 W for about 25 miles. Take exit 123 off the I-40 and stop at the Chevron to top off. This is the last chance to gas up before the long road to the hill top. You will need gas to get to and from the hilltop, so please top off!!! From here, we will drive north on Route 66 to Tribal Route 18. Watch for TRIBAL ROUTE 18 about 26 miles after Seligman (It's not a big sign and is difficult to see in the dark so pay attention to your miles or you'll end up in Kingman.)There will be a sign that says Supai. Go EAST on TRIBAL ROUTE 18 toward Havasupai Indian Reservation. Drive on the paved road for 64 miles until you come to the Haulapai Hilltop. There is a large parking lot for about 200 cars.



Original Route (Phoenix to Havasuapi) – Take 1-17 North to I-40. Take I-40 West to the town of Seligman, close to the I-40 & Route 66 junctions. Take Exit 123 off I-40 to reach the town of Seligman. Drive North on Route 66 to Tribal Route 18. Watch for TRIBAL ROUTE 18 about 26 miles after Seligman (it’s not a big sign and is difficult to see in the dark so pay attention to your miles or you’ll end up driving to Kingman). There will be a sign that says Supai. Go EAST on TRIBAL ROUTE 18 toward the Havasupai Indian Reservation. Drive on the paved road for 64 miles until you come to the Haulapai Hilltop. There is a large parking lot for about 200 cars.

No comments: